An open environment and a strong commitment to professional development are what characterizes working at YUDU.
YUDU are a multi-faceted digital publishing company and as such we're always on the look out for new talent. Below are a list of current vacancies. If you'd like to apply or to send your CV speculatively, please email us by clicking here.
Digital Media Technician
About the role:
Based in our office in Clitheroe, Lancashire the successful candidate will join our U.K & U.S Operations team providing A* service, technical assistance and edition & app production to a worldwide client-base via our Bureau service.
Duties will include:
- Regular contact with clients via phone and our Zendesk ticket support system.
- Advising clients on the techniques to create digital content via our own online system from PDF file to Flash, HTML and tablet formats (self-publishing) and in some cases doing the publishing (“bureau" service).
- Building of apps using YUDU proprietary tools for iOS, Android and desktop platforms.
- Bug identification and reporting, low level testing and implementation of new software builds and/or fixes.
- Use of HTML/CSS to create bespoke elements depending on the clients requirements.
To be successful within the role, you must have an excellent phone manner and writing skills. Being organised with good attention to detail and the ability to prioritise workloads will ideally be second nature, as will be the ability to meet deadlines. A cool head whilst working with speed and efficiency is a highly desirable trait.
Given that the position is customer service orientated, punctuality is essential.
The successful candidate would be comfortable working within a team and occasionally on their own with confidence and leadership. The successful candidate would take initiative and take an interest in learning new skills, technologies, systems and programming languages.
Desirable Skills & Qualifications:
- High grade in GCSE or A level English speaking and writing.
- Previous experience within a customer service position.
- Knowledge in coding/programming languages.
- Good working knowledge of HTML & CSS.
- Knowledge of API's.
- Good knowledge of Operating Systems including Windows, OSX, iOS & Android.
Salary: Negotiable upon skills and experience. Meets or exceeds minimum wage.
Hours of work: 2pm – 10pm; Monday – Friday (starting on 9am-5pm whilst training)
Job type: Permanent – Immediate start.
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Roefield Gym Membership
Company Pension Plan
Team Bonus Incentives